BLAZE FOLEY

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

cd_cover

Why is it that I just heard of Blaze Foley?? Our friend Jared wrote about him in his tour blog and I was intrigued and checked him out. Ever since I've been obsessed. His life story is a crazy one including a duct tape obsession that ended in his casket being covered in duct tape by his friends after he took a bullet for his friend.

The first album of his that I got is "Live at the Austin Outhouse". It's SO good. His inbetween song banter is almost the best part. He says things like:

"It's hell being a grown up. Especially with soap operas on all day when you're out of work."

"Can I get another snoot of that brandy? It's strictly for medicinal purposes. Watching whales die on CNN will give you medicinal porpoises."

The songs are incredible, too. Required listening: "Clay Pigeons", "If I Could Only Fly" and "Election Day".

3 comments:

mikki said...

Is that his real name? He had to be a country singer or a race car driver. Or a weather man.

Will you make me a CD?

Love,

your lazy friend Mikki

mikki said...

Wait his life story (or the Wikipedia version thereof) is amazing. The person he died defending was named Concho January! Are we sure they aren't all honkytonk strippers.

I hope before I die I develop something about myself interesting enough to warrant a sentence like "Blaze had a love affair with duct tape." If I fail to do so, please make something up.

I've had a bit of green tea today. BTW.

Bel Air said...

I know! It's all so awesome. A cd will be made promptly.