SIDE PROJECTS

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bel Air started as a side project. We were all in Breakup Breakdown when we started it. It later became our main project, obviously, but back then it was one of many (mostly fictional) side projects. In fact, Bel Air was the only real one. Here are some that didn’t quite make it to fruition:

Band Name: Meat and Potatoes
Members: Me and Jay
Concept: I’m not sure what we were supposed to sound like but I’m pretty sure I was the potatoes.

Band Name: Smokin’ and Bonin’
Members: Me and Jeff
Concept: I play trombone while Jeff smokes and does spoken word.

Band Name: Bonestar
Members: Jay, Jeff and James
Concept: The name harkens back to when we drank a lot of Lonestar beer in Texas. Apparently the word “bone” was pretty funny to us back then. I think this was riff rock that had breaks were everyone would stop and shout out the lyrics.

Band Name: Glock n’ Spiel
Members: Me and James
Concept: This was our Bone Thugs n’ Harmony style band.

Band Name: Science Bear
Members: James and Wyatt
Concept: This one came the closest to actually happening. It involved, among other things, pink shirts, white short shorts, hairy legs, a bear suit and one of those keyboards you operate with your feet. I don’t know about you but I would pay good money to see that live.

There were other ones but I can’t think of them! Last week the first fictional side project to come out of Bel Air was born. All I know is that it’s Jeff’s brainchild and it’s called Cetera and the Wagon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it wound up being Cetera and The DRAGON!!!

maybe that's what we change our name to when we start playing renaissance fairs

-jeff

Unknown said...

Et Cetera and the Dragon is far superior.

Anonymous said...

that's cetera...as in peter

jeez