HAVE I BECOME A CLICHE?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Everyday I read a number of blogs: food blogs, music blogs, fashion blogs, apartment blogs. It was in one of the apartment blogs that I found an entry that links to a NYT article about a school teacher who won a housing lottery and was able to purchase a studio apartment on the upper east side for $14,000. Did I mention I love a run-on sentence? Here's the article

I'm happy for the guy and for me because I have a cheap apartment on the upper WEST side (so much better) of Manhattan that I've said on several occasions I won't give up until I get married. Then I read the comments. Specifically, this one:

"I wonder if this guy will become a typical commitment phobic New Yorker. Afraid that if he finds someone special he will have to give up his great deal and pay real rent/mortgage."

As I'm getting close to being a "real" New Yorker (10+ years in the city), I now fear I'm a cliche. I have no fear of commitment but I do fear life after my apartment. It's just so cute! And, cheap!

Other newsers - American Idol is on tonight. JASON CASTRO 4EVA! Wyatt and Jeff are big Chikezie fans. We'll see who prevails. Is there really any competition, though??

chik

jason castro

2 comments:

mikki said...

Other worry--guy will date you just bec he likes your apt! Then he kills you and takes it. Or maybe that was a movie.

Should I watch American Idol? I do not.

In other news, there are wee little green things shooting up on the roof! Plants, I mean. BBQ soon!

Bel Air said...

I wouldn't doubt that happened in real life.The housing sitch in NYC is that bad.

If you were ever thinking about watching American Idol - now is the time! Season 7, baby! It's the best.

I'm so looking forward to spring and actually seeing people in daylight again!