GRAMMYS

Monday, February 9, 2009

I really wish I was live blogging last night during the grammys because I had so many snarky comments running through my head such as "Is a Jonass Brother really playing conga drums?" and no outlet for them. But live blogging seemed a little aggressive for such a half assed blog.

The Grammys were characteristically long and lame. There were a few cool moments in there, though. Serial marrier Paul McCartney's performance was great and he got to play the role that usually falls into Jack Nicholson's lap at movie award shows: the cool guy in the audience who everyone refers to and jokes around with when they are presenting or giving acceptance speeches. Coldplay even apologized to him for ripping off Sgt. Pepper with the costumes they were wearing.



Radiohead didn't win enough awards in my opinion but they did do a cool performance of "15 Steps" with the USC Marching Band.

There was no double exposure moment like last year but M.I.A. did perform pregnant as hell. She wasn't hiding it either. The night of the Grammys was her due date. Wow.

1 comments:

Terri said...

M.I.A had a baby boy last Wednesday. No name for the baby, as of yet.