NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Thursday, February 5, 2009

When I was little - I'm talking seventh grade here - I used to sit inside my closet with a flashlight, a notepad and pen, and my walkman. I would listen to the tape in my walkman and write down the lyrics, word for word, of my favorite songs. I would listen to a phrase, pause it, write down as much as I could remember and then rewind and start the process again. Back then I would rename certain appropriate songs after boys that I had crushes on. I distinctly remember renaming Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" to "David". I really wanted "David" to know that if the sun refused to shine that I would still be loving him.

I found myself doing this a couple nights ago when I had the urge to sing a Richard Buckner song - the lyrics for which could not be found anywhere on the internuts. So, there I was pausing and rewinding my mp3 player and writing down the lyrics.

2 comments:

Erich Sturm said...

Do you still have any of these old Led Zepplin lyrics sheets? I bet they are fantastic

Bel Air said...

I'm sure I got the lyrics totally wrong so it would be amusing to see them. If I ever find them I will scan and post...