THE NEW YANKEE STADIUM PT. 2

Monday, May 4, 2009

Since I'm into doing stadium reviews, I have to put my two cents in on the house next to the house that Ruth built.

I agree with everything Wyatt mentioned. It is clean and friendly. The seats are more spacious and the sightlines are great even from the second to last row in the nosebleeds (all the other seats were $3,000). It is very similar to the old place in feel and layout. I approve.

If the terrible people sitting in front of us are any indication, the new Yankee Stadium will quickly lose it's shininess. The guy was spitting sunflower seed shells in every direction but the one towards his empty beer cup. I don't blame the people sitting next to him for wearing gas masks and plastic ponchos. You can never be too careful about swine flu. (Why didn't I take a picture of these people, you ask? Argh... At the time, I didn't want to be an obnoxious asshole. Regrettable. An ounce of obnoxiousness is worth a pound of good blogging. Oh well. Lesson learned.)

Finally, to get a sense of what it's like to actually be there, check out this nauseating 360 degree tour:

1 comments:

jeff said...

i just puked all over my computer