PEARL JAM 10

Tuesday, April 14, 2009



Pearl Jam's "Ten" (one of my top 25 most influential albums of ALL TIME) has been reissued. From Rolling Stone: "Four different editions of Ten were released on March 24th, 2009, ranging from the double-disc Legendary Edition to the absolutely stacked Super Deluxe Version, which features 2 CDs, a DVD of their 1992 MTV Unplugged performance, 4 LPs and a replica cassette of the band’s famed Momma Son demo tape. Plus, a remix of the album will be overseen by producer Brendan O’Brien, who worked with the band on four albums."

Wyatt and I checked out the remix the other day. I can never really say much about remixes. My ear for that stuff just isn't very good. Maybe if I heard the old and the new back to back I could tell but, otherwise, not. The album definitely stands up, though. Every song is great.

The Giraffes should cover the fourth track "Why Go" simply because it would be so easy for them. I doubt that the Giraffes are influenced by Pearl Jam but they may share some of Pearl Jam's influences. They instantly came to mind when that song came on.

I stumbled upon topalbumcovers.com while writing this post which is really fun to browse through. "Ten" is number 99 on the list of 100. This is #46:

0 comments: