SOMEONE STOP ME

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Before I let this blog turn into a clone of some teenybopper's American Idol fansite, I wish to say that I regret posting so much about AI but regrettably cannot help myself. By the way, only cool people refer to American Idol as AI.

Anyhoozers, tonight's episode's theme is "Songs from the year you were born". I'm really hoping for some greatness here. Especially from Gokey. You know how they have the contestants do those stupid song and dance things on elimination nights? Normally these things are a complete and utter waste of time but last week there was an instance of brilliance. The song was "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and when it came time for Gokey's solo phrase he NAILED IT. Watch your back, Arnel Pineda. Gokey and Journey songs are a match made in heaven.

Wikipedia kindly tells me that Gokey was born in 1980 making "Any Way You Want It" (off Journey's 1980 release Departure) a golden opportunity. You know Randy would like it. He is a former Journey member, after all.

Born to Run, Horses, Blood on the Tracks, Physical Graffiti, Wish you Were Here, A Night at the Opera and The Basement Tapes all came out in the year I was born. I would have a lot to choose from!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I would still read the blog if it were an AI fansite! (Note my use of 'AI')

Bel Air said...

Thanks, dude. You're cool. :-)

Terri said...

I would too!! Am I cool too?

Bel Air said...

Totally. XO.