MYSPACE DEMOS #5

Thursday, June 12, 2008

cassette


Last week Jeff, Wyatt and I got together to demo out some of our new songs. This is one of those demos - sort of. I didn't like the version of it that I recorded that night so I recorded it again on my iRiver. It's called "Say You Knew Me When" and I'm including it here because it probably won't end up being a Bel Air song. It's a little on the too-personal side for a band song. The first time I played it for Jeff he said that it sounded like a "crazy person song" and I will never let him live it down!! NEVER! The lyrics are, in places, a bit trite but, what can I say? I had a some pretty stereotypical teenage years. Imagine this three chord wonder with some melodic lines over the instrumental parts. I was trying to go for a low-key Neutral Milk Hotel thing here.

0 comments: