SPELLING BEE

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I hate it when people spell "rock" R-A-W-K. Grrrr... Man, that really fries my cheese.

Case in point - this review of My Morning Jacket's latest release "Evil Urges":

The well-mannered fellows we fell in love with on My Morning Jacket's early efforts probably don't mix with the would-be rawkers who appear on Evil Urges. Although he shares the mic for the first time in the band's history, Jim James' stratospheric falsetto even sounds foreign -- first with a Prince-ly libido on the aptly named "Highly Suspicious" and then adding to the macho, wanking two-fer of "Aluminum Park" and "Remnants." Those who miss the sleepy days should advance to "Look At You" or the nerdly horndog verse of "Librarian."
- Nate Cavalieri

1 comments:

Terri said...

"fries my cheese", that's funny!