THE CRAZIES ARE OUT

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I think that the crazies in this town come out in waves. You won't see a seriously crazy person for a while and then all of a sudden they are everywhere. I think it has to do with the phases of the moon or the seasons or something. This morning they were out. One of them sat next to me on the 7 train. He was sort of staring at me for a while but I pretended not to notice and didn't look up from my book. Then all of a sudden he started muttering. I couldn't understand him at first and then, as he got louder, I picked up a few words - "David Lee Roth" and "Chocolate Milk". When the volume got even louder it was completely clear that he was saying "David Lee Roth drank a hundred chocolate milks? He is going to be sick tonight. Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth drank a hundred chocolate milks! Chocolate milks. David Lee Roth. Chocolate milks."