NEW FEATURE - MYSPACE DEMO #1

Thursday, February 28, 2008

cassette

I thought it would be kind of cool to use our shiny new myspace page to post some demos and song ideas so I'll be posting a new one every couple weeks.

The first installment is a song called Count the Meds. I recorded it using my Creative Zen Vision M, a device I've taken to calling my iRiver because when I first got it everyone asked me if it was an iRiver and saying "Yes" was much easier than saying "No, it's a Creative Zen Vision M". I've been known to secretly pull it out while drunk and in the company of loud drunk people (Jeff) and record stupid conversations. It's fun. The last time I remember doing this is when Jeff and I went to the Abbey Pub with Ben Krieger. I think I captured about 20 minutes straight of Ben and Jeff geeking out on music. They had no idea they were being recorded. It's priceless.

Back to business - I recorded this demo about a year ago sitting on my bed using the iRiver's internal mic. Needless to say, the quality is not good. I just wanted to get the song down. The quality probably won't be good on any of these demo things but that's kind of the point. The song itself is a collaborative effort from me and my dad. He wrote the lyrics, I wrote the music. It bears saying that the lyrics were written after many listens to A Ghost is Born.

Our myspace link is on the right. Or, stream it here:

2 comments:

mikki said...

awesome song and dad!

Bel Air said...

Thanks! Daddio is pretty awesome.