YAY!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm happy to say that Jason Castro has made it into the top 20 on American Idol - despite the fact that my friend Tom called him a "class A toolbox". I was a little sad to see that Ellen Degeneres guy go. God, I'm pathetic.

Here's something interesting (to someone other than me) - the company who is going to replicate our CD shares a space with the Woody Guthrie Archives! Wyatt and I went there for a meeting with our account rep and were greeted by pictures of Woody on the wall and a package for Nora Guthrie on the reception desk. Billy Bragg visits this archive in the documentary "Man in the Sand". If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth netflixing. It's the story of how the album Mermaid Avenue came to be. It's a tribute to Woody and a history of his strange life but it's also a look at how difficult collaborations can be. Apparently Jeff Tweedy can be difficult to work with! Who knew??

ManInTheSand_DVD_2.1

0 comments: